!NOW HIRING! Estimator
Do you have extensive estimating experience in construction? Auld & White Constructors is seeking an Estimator with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the commercial construction field.
The employee will work in the Auld & White office and visit client job sites to prepare bid information. The employee is responsible for the development of estimates as directed by the Director of Estimating for potential construction projects. The employee will assist in managing the project development from initial through preliminary stages, which encompasses preliminary budget estimates through final proposal. Click on this link to >APPLY NOW<<.
- Start the bid process by reviewing the bid documents for alternates, allowances, and bid items in order to forward information to the appropriate Subcontractors and Vendors during the bid period.
- Visit the site during the bid period to determine special site conditions, availability of temporary utilities, local charges including trash removal, tree protection, site access, etc.
- Review soil boring and confirm the report with visual inspection of site.
- Determine governmental assessment fees: permit fees, meter charges, tap fees, impact fee, water use charts, etc.
- Submit the necessary information for the ordering of bid bonds (project budget, size, duration, liquidated damages, payment and performance bond requirements).
- Responsible for determining the project duration, general conditions, and builders risk required for each estimate.
- Responsible for quantity surveys or takeoffs and material pricing for the estimate.
- Responsible for labor cost analysis using the standard company production rates with modifications as may be required. Assist with reviewing and updating company production rates and formulas based on historical data.
- Develop a list of questions for Architect or Owner’s clarifications during the review of bid documents. Review the addendum issued during bid period, and forward pertinent information to affected Vendors and Subcontractors.
- Review the bid documents for any MBE Requirements and solicit the appropriate subcontractors as required, along with maintaining our MBE list with the various agencies as required.
- Track Subcontractor solicitation and participation. Monitor the Bid-Room on company’s website to ensure the Estimating Assistant keeps the information current.
- Create project specific scope sheets for various trades as required by the complexity/size of the estimate.
- Prepare proposal clarifications for review and editing during the bidding process.
- Assist in maintaining master subcontract and vendor list and oversee Vendor and Subcontractor solicitations and contacts during the bid process. Match appropriately sized subcontractors to the specific bid project.
- Research new Subcontractors/Vendors within the market.
- Participate in hand-off meeting with the Operations Manager, PM, and Superintendent.
- Be proficient with Excel and stay current with future estimating and quantity takeoff software. In addition, provide training as needed.
- Oversees bundling and forwarding drawings and specs to Subcontractors.
- Oversees filing new product and new Subcontractor information.
- Oversees sending out pre-qualification packages.
- Perform special projects as directed by supervisor(s).
- The candidate should possess a 4-year college degree in Civil Engineering, Building Construction Management, or other related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in the commercial construction field. The employee should possess experience of technical competence in the construction industry and familiarity with the work of construction trades and phases. A 4-year degree is not an absolute requirement if previous work experience & perceived skillset is a good fit.
Click on this link to >APPLY NOW<<.