Do you have construction administrative experience? Auld & White Constructors is seeking a Construction Assistant with a minimum of 3 years of administrative experience and preferably construction administrative experience.View Application
Desired skills and experience
The incumbent will work in the offices of Auld & White Constructors in Jacksonville, Florida. The incumbent will perform administrative duties for assigned Project Manager(s), Assistant Project Managers, Superintendent(s), and provide general office assistance, as required. The incumbent should possess a minimum of 3 years of administrative assistant experience. Construction administrative experience with working knowledge of commercial construction terms is preferred. Stable job history is required.
- Perform administrative tasks for the Construction team.
- Be aware of all regularly scheduled meetings for your manager(s) and forward a clean draft of the Agenda the day prior to the meeting for their updates.
- Set up and maintain new projects in the Viewpoint database.
- Ensure all filing for Construction team projects is completed on a weekly basis. Maintain consistent file naming/saving convention protocols for all electronic files for each project.
- Gather information necessary for the Project Manager to complete monthly applications for payment on or about the 25th of each month. Be aware of any contractual requirements that pertain to the application for payment for that project, i.e. when retainage may be reduced, waivers are needed, etc.
- Track receivables to ensure collection by the 15th of the following month or per contract terms. Communicate with the owner/architect (or approval agent) in a professional and courteous manner when following up for status on outstanding pay applications.
- Contact Subcontractors and Vendors as necessary for follow-up on any outstanding items. Support Accounting with the collection of documents required to release checks to Subcontractors.
- Issue Subcontracts and Purchase Orders and ensure Subcontracts and Purchase Orders are signed within seven (7) days after being delivered.
- Process submittals and RFI’s through Project Team (ie Architects, Owners). Ensure responses are received in a timely manner.
- Maintain project drawings. Log and issue revisions.
- Insurance -Collect Subcontractor Certificate of Insurance and update in subcontractor database. Review to ensure it meets established criteria.
- Huddle daily with the Project Manager as needed.
- Work directly with the Superintendent in the field ensuring they have current drawings.
- Prepare close-out manuals to be submitted within nineteen (19) days after substantial completion of each project, and ensure that all necessary warranties, test reports and operation, and maintenance instructions are included.
- Compile all information required for retention at the completion of a project.
- Perform special tasks as requested by Supervisor(s).
- Cover the phone for the receptionist during breaks/lunch and vacation.